What is Vineyard Kids?
Vineyard Kids is a ministry for infants and children through 5th grade. Our goal is to teach, train, and equip children to be life-long followers of Jesus Christ. Besides our Sunday Worship Service, multiple events take place throughout the year for children, families, and the surrounding community!
What is the Vision of Vineyard Kids?
Deuteronomy chapter 6 gives us a call to wholehearted devotion to the Lord when it said,
“… you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6 And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. 7 Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. 8 Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.” So, our desire is to come alongside of parent(s)/guardians to see children enter into a deep and real relationship with our Lord and to continue to grow in that relationship.
How Can I Get Involved?
Vineyard Kids positions include Sign-In Table Greeter, Classroom teachers and helpers, and Nursery workers.
- You have confessed a commitment to Jesus Christ that is demonstrated through Christian growth and lifestyle.
- You regularly attend Sunday Morning Service at the Vineyard Church of Ithaca
- You have a passion to nurture and help disciple children.
- You are able to commit to serving at least once per month
- You complete an application, pass a background check, sign the Vineyard Kids Policy Agreement, have been a part of the Vineyard for a set amount of time (varies on experience), and are approved by the Vineyard Kids Director/Pastor
Angela Sorensen is the Vineyard Kids Director. She can be contacted at email@example.com. Angela is happy to explain the expectations and guidelines of serving with Vineyard Kids as well as the application process.