What is Vineyard Audio/Visual?
The Vineyard Audio/Visual Team enhances the Sunday morning Worship Service by making sure all proceedings are audible, visible, and easy to engage with. We do this by displaying information and graphics on visible screens in the sanctuary, amplifying and adjusting the sound for the setting, and setting the atmosphere and visibility with lighting. Additionally, we are responsible for recording the messages to later be accessible online.
What is the Vision of Vineyard Audio/Visual?
The vision of Vineyard Audio/Visual Team is to worship the Lord through the use of our talents and knowledge of audio and visual technologies, and therefore create an environment that enables everyone to encounter the living God during the message and our time of worship.
How Can I Get Involved?
Vineyard Audio/Visual positions include Lights, Slides, Soundboard, and Camera. There are periodic training sessions for each position, including the use of the audio/visual equipment.
Once trained, it is expected that team members will:
- Slides – manage what is displayed to the audience during Sunday Worship Services and other special events. A basic knowledge of computers is appreciated for those interested in Slides. Volunteers need to commit to being at the church when the band starts rehearsing Sunday morning.
- Soundboard – manage the audio output and quality during Worship Team practices, Sunday Worship Services, and other special events. Prior experience with sound equipment and/or an instrument are helpful for those interested in the Soundboard position, but training is also provided. Volunteers need to commit to Saturday and Sunday band rehearsal times as well as the Sunday Worship Service.
- Camera – record the Sunday message and other special events. This position only requires a time commitment during the Sunday Worship Service or special event.
- Video Upload – edit and upload the recorded Sunday message after the service. This position only requires a time commitment after the Sunday Service. A familiarity with online videos and/or video editing is helpful.
- Zoom Host – Manages the chat on Zoom and copy/paste links into the Zoom Chat, keep track of the order/timing of the service, and assist others on the team. This position only requires a time commitment during the Sunday Worship Service.
Akina McKay is the Vineyard Audio/Visual Assistant Team Leader. She can be contacted at email@example.com. Akina can explain the expectations and guidelines of serving with Vineyard Audio/Visual further.