Serpents, Seduction and False Gospels
August 20, 2017
Lead Pastor Ward Davis concludes our series on 2 Corinthians talking about false apostles.
- Read 2 Corinthians 10-12 this week. In light of what Paul says in these three chapters:
- Reflect on our culture’s idea of what it means to be a leader compared with the example of Paul’s life.
- Reflect on the nature of discipleship and success as a Christian. Does it mean being healthy, wealthy and successful in the eyes of the world? Or does it mean following Christ’s example and taking the position of a servant.
- If you exercise authority in any particular sphere in your life, ask yourself whether you approach your position as a way to reinforce your self-esteem, or whether you see it as a way to serve others.
- Take time this week during your devotions to ask yourself whether your sense of self-worth comes from your performance or success, or whether it comes from the knowledge that you are love by your heavenly Father. If you don’t feel loved and valued by God, ask Him to reveal His love for you.